Saturday, September 22, 2007

Welcome to My LIfe

So...I'm Ashley. I was born and raised in Houston, TX. I am a gemini and completely fulfill the idea of a double personality.
Life growing up with my dad's side of the family: boating and fishing on Lake Conroe, listening to George Strait cassettes, baking cakes and cookies on any occasion possible, Barbie's galore, teaching myself to play keyboard and guitar, animals everywhere (from the traditional cats and dogs, to parrots, chicks, ducklings, rabbits, goslings, and even a wolf mix!), gardening, and the occasional vacation to Schlitterbahn.
Life growing up with my mom's side of the family: watching Spanish soap operas with catchy opening songs, frequent and big family parties, listening to Luis Miguel, vacationing to the mother land: Guatemala, opening Christmas presents at midnight instead of in the morning, no pets allowed, learning to sew from the master (Grandma), and the experience of being raised by six adults and helping raise six kids under one roof.
Being raised in such different environments helped me become the person I am now. I value and have a passion for diversity. It is one of the most important things to me in life. I listen to all different types of music, appreciate many different forms of art, and always try anything once. It is why I am at GW. I didn't want to go through life not knowing what it was like to live anywhere but Texas. I'm very happy with my decision.
Oh, you also might be wondering why I named my blog after the song "Bittersweet Symphony." It's one of those songs that you can listen to, no matter what mood you are in, and make you happy! It reminds you that life isn't perfect, but you have to always be yourself--no matter what.

1 comment:

caroline said...

Plus, it makes me think of Cruel Intentions - a great movie. Good post.